9 Tips On How To Remove Ketchup Stains
Tips On How To Remove Ketchup Stains
We all love our ketchup, it is ideal for so many foods but we don’t love it when it stains our clothes. We have put together some top tips on how to remove a ketchup stain. This way you can enjoy your sauce’s with less worry about lasting effects they may have when dropped on your clothing.
What You Need:
- Cold Water
- Liquid Detergent
- Stain Remover
- White Vinegar (optional for colourfast/white clothing)
- Lemon Juice (optional for colourfast/white clothing)
- Mild Dish Soap (optional for colourfast/white clothing)
- Hydrogen Peroxide (optional for colourfast/white clothing)
Tips On How To Remove Ketchup Stains:
- Remove The Excess Ketchup- Ideally it is better for you to use the back of a spoon to remove any of the excess sauce so that you will not damage the fibres in your clothing.
- Run Water Through The Stain- You will need to run the water through the back of the stain in order to force the ketchup out of your clothing. If you do this through the front it will only push the stain further into the fabric.
- Rub A Liquid Detergent Into The Stain- When rubbing the detergent in it is best to use a circular motion from the outside of the stain towards the middle to prevent spreading the stain further.
- Apply Mild Bleaching To White Or Colourfast Clothing- Possible agents for this include hydrogen peroxide, white vinegar, mild soap and on white fabrics lemon juice. Apply the agents with a sponge and rinse thoroughly.
- Repeat If Necessary- Hold the stain up to a light and if there is still a slight discolouring of any sort you will need to repeat the previous steps.
- Apply A Stain Remover- Let the stain remover sit for at least 5 minutes so that it can penetrate the stain fully.
- Wash As Normal- Use your normal detergent to wash the clothing and ensure the stain has gone before drying. Dried stains can be permanent.
- If The Stain Remains Add Detergent- Add the detergent to the stain again and then soak in water for 30 minutes.
- If The Stain Is Still Stubborn- Re-apply stain remover and launder as normal. You can even do so just to be sure that the stain has been fully removed.