Terms & Conditions
The present Terms and Conditions are a contract between the client and Smile Carpet Cleaning. Placing an order through website forms, email, fax, or telephone and the use of our services constitutes an acceptance of the agreement.
The minimum call-out charge for upholstery and carpet cleaning is £90.
Over the phone, Smile Carpet Cleaning calculate prices by using sizes provided by the client. Technician’s will measure on arrival and confirm exact price before commencing any works.
Smile Carpet Cleaning reserves the right to amend the initial quotation, should the Client’s original requirements change. If a Smile Carpet Cleaning operative needs to collect keys from a third party’s address outside the postal code of the premises where work is to be carried out then charges may apply.
The Client agrees to clear easily moveable obstructions before Smile Carpet Cleaning personnel arrive at the premises.
Payment to be paid by Credit Card on the day. All outstanding balances for the services carried out on receipt of invoice (subject to a signed Agreement).
The Client agrees and authorises Smile Carpet Cleaning to charge any outstanding amounts owed to Smile Carpet Cleaning with regards to the cleaning service provided plus parking fees (If any).
The Client agrees that should Smile Carpet Cleaning be forced to employ the services of a debt collection agency or institute legal proceedings in pursuit of payment, the Client will be liable to pay all costs incurred.
The Client will be responsible for all bank and legal charges resulting from a dishonoured Cheque. Credit Card details from all new clients must be given when signing up for cleaning services with Smile Carpet Cleaning. All Credit Card details will be kept safe at all times. In the event of Smile Carpet Cleaning being required to pay additional sums in respect of its staff by way of increase in wage rates, compulsory insurance contributions, Value Added Tax and the like over the amounts being paid by it at the date of the quotation, Smile Carpet Cleaning reserves the right to charge an appropriate increase to the Client. In the event of such an increase Smile Carpet Cleaning will provide the client with an itemised account of such increase with its invoice.
Smile Carpet Cleaning has Public and Employer’s Liability Insurance. The policy will cover any accidental damages cost by any personal working on behalf of Smile Carpet Cleaning. The Clients accept and understand that any damages must be reported within 24 hours from the date the cleaning was carried out. Failure to do so will invalidate any claims made. Smile Carpet Cleaning advises that the Client or a Client’s Representative must be present at the time of completion of the service so an inspection can be carried out and any corrections made on site on the same day before operators leave the premises.
In case of damage Smile Carpet Cleaning. through its insurance company will repair or replace the item/s if it agrees that it caused the damage. If the item/s cannot be repaired Smile Carpet Cleaning will rectify the problem through its insurance company by crediting the Client with the item/s if it is proven to be by our personnel. If a Client is not completely satisfied with the cleaning services, Smile Carpet Cleaning will re-clean any areas and item/s before the completion of the service on the same day. All fragile and highly breakable item/s must be secured or removed. Smile Carpet Cleaning reserves the right not to continue with the job if on inspection, it is found that the material to be cleaned or treated is not suitable for cleaning or treatment.
Smile Carpet Cleaning also will not continue with the job if for example water or power is not available or if there is interference in the work from the Client or any other person. Clients should appreciate that carpets often will not have a consistent appearance after cleaning with reference to wear and tear. Sunlight will sometimes cause fading in areas of the carpet and cleaning can not rectify this. Stains are not always visible before dirt is removed and it may not be possible to remove those stains completely. Smile Carpet Cleaning will use its best efforts to provide a good result but Clients are asked to be aware of these limitations which are common to all cleaning operations.
Smile Carpet Cleaning shall not be liable under any circumstances for any loss, expense, damage, delay, costs or compensation (whether direct, indirect or consequential) which may be suffered or incurred by the Client arising from or in any way connected with:
- A failure to carry out its services as the result of factors that are beyond its control. Factors beyond its control include acts of god, floods, severe weather conditions, and inability to gain access to premises, lack of appropriate resources, such as water, electricity, and lighting
- Late arrival of Smile Carpet Cleaning operatives at the service address. We endeavour to be right on time on any visit but sometimes due to transport related and other problems which are beyond our control, the operatives may arrive with a delay or the cleaning visit may be re-scheduled;
- An existing damage to Clients property in the form of old stains/burns/spillages etc. which cannot be cleaned/removed completely by the cleaning operative using the industry standard cleaning methods;
- Non satisfactory result from the service due to the Client or third party walking on the carpets during or shortly after the cleaning process;
- Shrinkage of carpets as a result of poor fitting;
- Smile Carpet Cleaning shall not be liable for carpets expanding or ripples forming during and/or after the cleaning when this is as a result of factors such as fibre content, wear and tear, weak backing and/or poor fitting;
- Smile Carpet Cleaning shall not be responsible for a poor result in cleaning where this is a result of considerable wear and tear and/or staining to the carpet fibres prior to the service being carried out;
- Smile Carpet Cleaning shall not be liable for any odours arising during and/or after cleaning when this is due to factors such as, lack of ventilation, and/or appropriate heating;
- Smile Carpet Cleaning shall not be responsible for any damage caused as a result of the Client placing furniture on a carpet which has not completely dried;
- Smile Carpet Cleaning shall not be liable under any circumstances for any loss, expense, damage, delay, costs or compensation (whether direct, indirect or consequential) which may be suffered or incurred by the Client if the Client has an outstanding balance aged 30 days or more from the date the payment was due
The Client may cancel the scheduled cleaning job at least 24 hours prior to the agreed start time. The Client agrees to pay £30.00 + Vat cancellation fee per technician if the Client cancels or changes the date/time less than 24 hours prior to the scheduled appointment. The Client agrees to pay £30.00 + Vat cancellation fee per technician in the event of a lock-out caused by our technicians being turned away; no one home to let them in; or problem with the Client’s keys. If keys are provided they must open the lock without any special efforts or skills.
The Client agrees to pay 50% of the quote as a cancellation fee if the Client cancels or changes the date/time less than 24 hours prior to the scheduled appointment. The Client agrees to pay 50% of the quote as a cancellation fee in the event of a lock-out cased by our technicians being turned away; no one home to let them in; no water or power available at the Client’s premises; or problem with the Client’s keys. If keys are provided they must open the lock without any special efforts or skills. If an initial deposit has been paid to Smile Carpet Cleaning then the Client agrees that deposit funds may be used to cover the cancellation fee.
The only information that we gather about you, is information that is given at the time of the booking. This information is collected lawfully and in accordance with: The Data Protection Act 1998 Smile Carpet Cleaning respects user’s personal privacy. Any and all information collected at this site will be kept strictly private and will not be stored by us. The Policy statement is an extension of our commitment to combine the finest quality services with the highest level of integrity in dealing with our clients, suppliers, associates and staff.
Our staff are happy to help you with lightweight furniture.Please remove and store away all highly breakable and fragile items.